Christmas is over.
New Year celebrations are over. (Except we’ll be having another party for Chinese New year when we celebrate the year of the horse).
The year has started.
I’m lagging a bit behind and found it hard to drag myself out of bed this morning so looked to my trusty friends (my essential oils), to get me vibed up.
My last article 2014! The Universal Number of 7! was all about this year and its intrinsic number of truth. To seek the truth of your existence here on earth, you will need a bit of curiosity and of course some energy to keep you going. Some essential oils will open your mind and stimulate the frontal cortex, and other essential oils will give you body a bit of a kick start.
Stimulate your mind with rosemary. Remember with rosemary. Study with rosemary, warm your body up and help sore muscles release tightness. It is an easily accessible and inexpensive oil with a long history of medicinal uses.
Lavender will always be on every list of oils I create. It is a relaxing oil but also an oil of solidarity and bringing your energy together. It’s the stalwart – loyal, reliable and hard working.
Lavender can ground your energy, help induce a state of calm, help with pain relief and generally be a medicinal oil of great standing.
Forward ho! Black pepper is the spice that can warm your heart, open your mind and also be a warming tonic to your body. It is a great oil for finding your dharma and taking your unique brand of evolutionary energy into the world. Even though the spice itself is quite piquant, the essential oil of black pepper has a magical sweetness about it.
I think this oil may be one of the most loved oils in the world. It has so many uses but I’ll always use this oil for a client who is lacking energy. It’s lemon scented goodness is backed up with a deep grassy green scent that represents freedom to me.
Need physical energy? Use lemongrass!
Oh you just can’t keep a good herb down! The herbs are so wonderful for healing and have been used for centuries. Basil is an oil for opening your mind and stimulating your brain. It is expansive and great for maintaining fluid thought and allowing universal intelligence to come through your crown chakra. Basil is for clarity and can be used on your body like lavender, as it has a high content of linalool which is an active ingredient in lavender.
How can you use these oils to stimulate your energy?
* try taking a whiff straight from the bottle
* put a few drops in the bottom of the shower (cover the drain for a minute with your foot or a cloth) and inhale
* make an oil blend for your body – for a coat of your body use 3 teaspoons of carrier oil in a little dish and, add 7 – 8 drops of essential oil and see my articles “Ratios for Blending Essential Oils – A Reminder of the Basics” and “Aromatherapy – It’s Easy as 1 2 3”.
* it will be best to use a combination of oils rather than just 7 drops of the one oil as, for example, black pepper is slightly sensitising and could be too strong for some people
* as a hint, use lavender and a citrus oil to one of the oils above to make a lovely blend
Happy blending and remember to use your intention when you are creating your formulas. See my article about intention.