Please check out my new book REVELATION! – Reveal Your Destiny with Essential Oils
and many other stores worldwide as a Kindle and Paperback
The 12 Days of Christmas – Essential Oil Recipes for Your Home Part 2 – Unashamedly a Re-Blog From Last Year!
We’ve covered the first 6 days of Christmas so strap yourself in for the last 6 days! And I’ve just realised that I haven’t used the classic Christmas oils of frankincense and myrrh. As with part one I’ve taken each verse and created an oil blend for you to scent your home. To scent you own space I recommend 25 drops of essential oil, and you can use a traditional oil burner with a candle, an electric vapouriser, or for a quick and easy result put 25 drops of oil into a bowl and pour boiling water over it and leave it to stand – instant aromatherapy!
The song continues …..
7. On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me seven swans-a-swimming serenely in a lake. I’ve always imagined the swans to be black, regal, beautiful.
“Seven Swans a-Swimming”
Inspiration – serenity, flow, calm
Frankincense 12 drops
Lavender 6 drops
Clary Sage 3 drops
Bergamot 4 drops
8. Then on day eight the maids finally got some fresh milk so we could all have coffee and hot chocolate and make cakes and Christmassy things. These gifts from my true love just keep getting better!
Inspiration – nurturing, warmth, sustenance, compassion for our animal friends
Fennel 7 drops
Myrrh 4 drops
Nutmeg 4 drops
Rosewood 10 drops
Ok this is where it gets tricky. Some versions say its 9 drummers drumming, others say its 9 ladies dancing so I’m going to go with the majority of all the English versions and say it’s the drummers. Most of the American versions seem to have the drummers up last but it makes sense because the drummers are starting to call the tribe to dance. From verses 9 – 12 it’s all quite different. My Mum also thought it was 9 drummers drumming but my Dad didn’t know. As Janet Jackson says in Nasty Boys – “Give me a beat”. The party has started!
The gifts associated with the final four days are often reordered. Most often, this involves placing the ladies and lords earlier (on days nine and ten), and the musicians later (on days eleven and twelve).
So I reckon the music must come first!
9. Clearly my true love wanted to dance because the drummers came along to start the party
“9 Drummers Drumming”
Inspiration – rhythm of life, coming together as one
Tea Tree 6 drops
Clove 6 drops
Cedarwood Virginian 6 drops
Mandarin 7 drops
10. And now that the drummers have given us a beat, come in pipers! (Even though the American version says it’s 11 pipers piping, I’m sticking with the English version).
“10 Pipers Piping”
Inspiration – harmony, party, fun
Lemon 15 drops
Geranium 6 drops
Peppermint 4 drops
11. Ok it’s all gone haywire now. The ladies have hit the dance floor (or is it the drummers or the pipers or the lords?)
“11 Ladies Dancing”
Inspiration – femininity, celebrating the sisterhood, release of the old
Petitgrain 15 drops
Spikenard 4 drops
Thyme 2 drops
Rosemary 4 drops
12. And once again it could be 10 lords that are leaping, but I’m going with 12 this time around. At any rate – let them leap! Let’s all leap into a wonderful end of year celebration, so whether you’re into Christmas or not, please be thankful for this interesting life. Bring on 2014 (sounds SO futuristic).
Inspiration – carefreeness, freedom, comradeship
Basil 8 drops
Citronella 8 drops
Lime 9 drops
Get your essential oils working for you this festive season, they will bring charm and kindness into your life. They will allow you to open to the infinite wisdom of the universe and help others to do the same.
Happy blending and remember to use your intention when you are creating your formulas. See my article about intention.