How can you NOT be captured by the beautiful colour, taste and scent of an orange?
Well, actually, I have a client who really can’t bare the smell of orange essential oils because it gives her a headache. Fair enough. But let’s all love it together – because we can!
* I use a lot of orange essential oil because it is light, fresh, sweet and blends well with ALL essential oils.
* I use a lot of orange essential oil because it is a simple representation of the beauty of life.
* I use a lot of orange essential oil because it lends itself to become the body of an aromatherapy blend, easily and effortlessly.
* I use a lot of orange essential oil because it appeals to most people by connecting to the inner child, or the innocence and happiness of children.
* I use a lot of orange essential oil because it always allows my client to completely relax and enjoy the experience of the treatment
Traditionally orange oil as been used for:
* helping with digestion and gut issues including symptoms of IBS
* as a tonic for depression and anxiety
* as a soothing agent to the skin, and in inflammatory skin conditions like acne
* as a mild stimulant to the lymphatic system
I would say most therapists use orange oil because of it’s scent and it’s intrinsic nature of joy and happiness.
+ If you squeeze oranges for fresh juice keep the rind and rub it over the kitchen benches to act as a disinfectant and make your place smell great.
+ Use the rind in a bath to have a de-stress unwind moment of peace – no need for a bottle of oil go straight to the source.
+ Make a cake with whole boiled oranges and almond meal to have an aromatherapy treatment and a dessert at the same time.
+ Kids LOVE this oil so it’s good have around in case they need a little help to re-focus and chill out
And try these recipes:
Scent Your Space
1. “Good Morning Darling (Get out of Bed on the Wrong Side Did Ya?)”
To infuse your space with some soft happiness add these oils to a classic oil burner:
Orange 15 drops
Rosewood 5 drops
Cinnamon 5 drops
2. “I’ve Got a Headache”
To relieve tension and relax:
Orange 10 drops
Lavender 10 drops
Cedarwood Virginian 5 drops
To a cup of fine sea salt add a good splash of oil (almond, olive, sunflower) and either 5 drops of orange oil OR grate the rind of 2 oranges into the mix.
Pure Pulse Point Perfume
Anoint your chakras, or pulse points with the pure essential oil. Use the energy of the oil and the scent for transformation and energy protection. Always place a tiny residue under your nose for the scent to go to work on your mind.
In a little dish mix these oils and anoint your pulse points or chakras – 3 drops of essential oils and dilute with a few drops of carrier oil – always patch test first!
To invite openness into your life:
Orange 2 drops
Geranium 1 drop
2. “I’m Lovin Myself Sick Tonight”
To help you connect with your inner sexy goddess:
Orange 2 drops
Nutmeg 1 drop
Orange oil is an oil of happiness so…….
Remember to treat your self first and then everyone will benefit!