Please check out my new book REVELATION! – Reveal Your Destiny with Essential Oils
Amazon USA Amazon AU Amazon UK
10 Essential Oil Recipes to Help You Be a Much Happier Person
Essential oils can make you happier
How can essential oils make you happier?
1. They smell deliciously like nature intended, no cheap alcohols, no additives, no synthetics therefore you can expect a more pure experience of bliss via mother earth
2. Essential oils effect different parts of the brain to positively enhance moods, and also effect hormone production leading to a body that matches good feelings
3. They can change your focus in 3 seconds – from ugh to ah
4. Essential oils are coded molecules of information, carried by natural scent, and with one whiff, your brain can be transformed by this data into a more cohesive mind
5. Their energy contains magic, and effects the subtle energies of the body, expanding your experience of self and leading to a happier you
So let’s check out some easy-peasy recipes to help get your happy on!
Classic oil burner with a twist pic via top3.com.au
1. Scent Your Space
In a traditional oil burner with a candle or a diffuser add 25 drops of oil
“Let’s All Get Along….OK?”
Be nice to each other –
Palmarosa 10 drops
Orange 8 drops
Geranium 7 drops
“Get Yourself Happy First”
Mandarin 8 drops
Lemongrass 8 drops
Cinnamon 6 drops
Cedarwood Himalayan 3 drops
“Release the Day, Embrace Your Soul”
Let go of the blah –
Juniper 6 drops
Bergamot 8 drops
Rose Geranium 7 drops
Clary Sage 4 drops
A warm oil mask can work wonders for an unhappy camper – pic via anshayurveda.com
2. Facial Oil Treatment
Mix one or two drops of essential oil in one teaspoon of carrier oil. You can warm the oil slightly first if desired – it will be very relaxing! Massage your face and rest for 10 minutes. You can also place a cool or warm wet facecloth on your face as a compress over the oil mask. Remove excess oil with a tissue or cloth.
Olive oil 1 teaspoon
Geranium 1 drop
Lavender 1 drop
An essential oil steam in the shower will do wonders for your mind and energy levels – pic via completehealthcircle.com
3. Put A few Drops Of Oil into the bottom of the Shower
This works in a similar way to just taking a whiff straight from the bottle, but if you’ve got an extra minute, it will give you a completely different experience. Your whole body will be immersed in an essential oil steam. Just cover the drain with a cloth or your foot for a couple of minutes and breathe in the medicinal goodness.
Petitgrain 3 drops
a client’s oil formulation
4. Nourishing Body Oil Blend
For a coat of your body use 3 teaspoons of carrier oil in a little dish and, add 7 – 8 drops of essential oil. It’s always best to patch test first, before you apply all over.
***** Always put the drops of essential oil into the bottle or dish first, then add the carrier oil. It gives the scents time to create a synergistic fusion.
For a 50ml bottle of oil add 25 drops and see my articles “Ratios for Blending Essential Oils – A Reminder of the Basics” and “Aromatherapy – It’s Easy as 1 2 3”
“Tra La La”
Get your body happy too –
Lemon 3 drops
Rosewood 4 drops
Basil 1 drop
Smile and the world will be your oyster –
Pink Grapefruit 4 drops
Jasmine 3% in jojoba 8 drops * see my article for more info on 3% blends in jojoba
Be grateful and you WILL be happier –
Lavender 3 drops
Peru Balsam 4 drops
Chinese tea cup – perfect for a little perfume magic
5. Pure Pulse Point Perfume
In a little dish mix these oils and anoint your pulse points or chakras – 3 drops of essential oils and dilute with a few drops of carrier oil – always patch test first!
A little squeal of delight never hurt anybody –
Lime 1 drop
Nutmeg 1 drop
Ylang Ylang 1 drop
Be amazed –
Neroli 3% straight from the bottle * see my article for more info on 3% blends in jojoba
Remember to treat yourself first, then everyone will benefit.